The vision of Christ Memorial Church is to see God display His power by saving sinners through the proclamation of the gospel of Jesus Christ by all of our members to His eternal glory (I Cor. 2:1-5). The outcome of this vision is a growing family of churches characterized by real gospel life.
What does that look like?
• We proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ in all contexts, to both believers and unbelievers, as it is Christ alone who converts and renews the soul. (Romans 1:14-17)
• We proclaim the gospel from all of Scripture, since the entire Bible speaks of Christ. (John 5:46)
• We shepherd people so that each church member contributes to building up the entire body until we all grow up fully into Christ. (Ephesians 4:7-16)
• We seek to keep the gospel and its proclamation our primary focus, and help one another practice biblical forbearance in all areas neither addressed nor mandated by Scripture. (Romans 14:1-23)
• We love one another in a way that points to Christ's love for the church, demonstrating to the world the reality of our faith. (John 13:34-35; I John 3:10-23)
• We teach the Scriptures so that the mind and the heart are instructed and moved to more deeply love, adore, and obey the Lord Jesus Christ. (Deuteronomy 6:4-6; I Peter 1:3-12)
Living the Vision
From the start, Christ Memorial has sought to be a gospel-driven church, actively ministering the gospel to greater Burlington and its colleges, and actively planting more gospel-driven churches. Read our story and you’ll see how God has been gracious to produce real gospel life in this church plant, and to multiply real gospel life through our church-planting ministry, The NETS Institute for Church Planting (NETS).
Read our story.
More about NETS.